Monday, May 7, 2007

Full-Time Stay-At-Home Mom

It's official. As of today, I am a full-time stay-at-home mom! Today would have been my first day back at work after my 13-month maternity leave, but I just couldn't do it. I think that deep down in my heart, I knew from the moment that Reagan was born that I was meant to have no other job in this world than to be her mom. It took awhile for my heart to convince my head of this, but once it happened there was no changing my mind! Ryan and I talked about it for months, and we both agree that it is the best decision for Reagan. I went to my boss at the beginning of March to give him a two-month warning that I was not returning to my position at Trinity Western University. I will continue to work a couple of hours on the weekends at Newlands Golf and Country Club as a bridal assistant. You can check out my website for more details on this job ~
http://web.mac.com/TheBridesAssistant
I have been doing this for the past few summers, and it is really a fun job. Some weekends I may only work two hours total, but there are a few weekends that I will work 8-12 hours each day. On those days, Ryan gets to be the stay-at-home dad! We feel really lucky to be able to not put Reagan in daycare at this young of an age. I'm sure that once she (and any other children in the future... yes I want more!) are in school that I will go back to work during the week. But for now, there is no greater job in this world for me than to help her discover life and to help her grow into the smart and beautiful person that I already know she is going to be! So, my new title is: MOM. And guess what, in this position, I am the BOSS, CEO, PRESIDENT, and all those other positions on the corporate ladder that I once thought were so important to achieve! Now, there is no greater achievement for me than to see Reagan learning new things every day. And there is no greater reward than the hugs and kisses that she loves to give!

No comments: