Monday, February 2, 2009

The Sweetest Things

I am constantly amazed at the things my daughter says to me. On more than one occasion, she has nearly brought me to tears by either causing me to laugh until I cry, or by just simply melting my heart. For example, just this morning she gave me the biggest hug you can imagine and said, "I love you Mommy. You are my best friend." So simple, and yet I know I will now have a fabulous day because of it!
There are times when I can just look at her and I'm able to tell that she is deep in thought. That is when I know to be prepared for her to ask me the strangest questions or to tell me the most creative stories. She had that look the other day while we were playing at the park, and I was able to catch her in the moment. I'm still not sure what she was thinking about so seriously that day...
She had the very same look on her face exactly one week ago. We were at the hospital waiting on Ryan while he was having his MRI done. She was busy coloring, when she suddenly stopped and got "the look". I waited to see what she would say or do, but she just sat there very quietly. I finally asked her if she was OK... I was amazed at her response. She said, "I'm fine Mommy. I just want to pray for my Daddy." And then she proceeded to pray for him out loud...

Come Lord Jesus, be our guest
Let this food to us be blessed
Amen

It was the sweetest thing I've ever heard.


No comments: