Saturday, May 2, 2009

Pops the Pilot

Our Christmas present to Pops this last year was flying lessons, and he "cashed-in" his certificate yesterday. At the time that we purchased the lesson, we thought that Pops and an instructor would be the only ones in the plane during the actual flight. We were all very surprised and happy when we arrived at the flight school yesterday and found out that one other person could go up as well. I immediately volunteered for Ryan to go so that the two men could share the experience together. You will have to go to my parent's blog to READ all about Pop's description of the flying adventure... I'm just going to let my pictures tell you the story.

BUCKLE UP BOYS!


SO EXCITED!

RECEIVING THE FINAL INSTRUCTIONS

TAKE OFF


GOING UP! UP! UP!


UP IN THE AIR


PILOT POPS


VIEW OF VANCOUVER HARBOR


DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER


LOOKING OUT OVER LANGLEY


COMING IN FOR THE LANDING


BACK SAFE ON THE GROUND


HE'S A HAPPY MAN!


THE FULL FLIGHT CREW

According to Momsey, the only problem with the flight is that now Pops wants to do it again and again and again and again and again and again....

8 comments:

skip and cindy said...

thanks for the gift. it was great

Beth said...

What an awesome gift!!!!

E @ Scottsville said...

That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freakin' awesome!!!

Kameron said...

That is so cool and what an amazing gift to get! I think I would freak if it were me!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Cool! my husband has always wanted to learn to fly. He would def. be jealous if I showed him this. Score on an awesome gift!

Megan at My Heart, My Home said...

I will admit my Canadian ignorance here...totally didn't realize that Vancouver is a gigantic city (at least looking at it via air), and how gorgeous the Langley area looks with those mountain ranges. Lucky girl!

Btw, we will be down at the beach house Memorial Day weekend. I might be taking an additional trip with Mere and the kids in June, though not positive.

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

that sounds like an awesome gift!

Mandi said...

What an awesome gift. I'm so glad we're buddies now... lol