Monday, June 29, 2009

Gymnastics Graduation

Reagan has been going to The Little Gym since she was 14 months old. Since that time, she has advanced though their programs from a Bird, to a Beast, to a Super Beast, to a Funny Bug, and now she has graduated as a Giggle Worm! Her final class of the semester was last Friday, and she was so proud to show off all of her skills to both her Daddy and her Mommy!
Reagan is the youngest child to have graduated in her class, as most of the other children are already four or five years old. She is such a little dare-devil, so her age and small size didn't stop her from being able to keep up with the older kids one little bit!
As you can see from the video above, she has quite the balance on the beam. And, from the video below, you can see that she has no fear when it comes to the high bar!
I must admit that it was a little bittersweet to watch her receive her certificate and her ribbon. I personally feel that she has outgrown The Little Gym, so she will more than likely be starting lessons at one of the local gymnastics training centers in the Fall. The gym that I am considering for Reagan has already produced two Canadian Olympic Team gymnasts in the last few years, so I know that they are built on a solid reputation! We'll see how Reagan likes it, and just go from there...
I'll leave you with the brief video clip of Reagan accepting her award from Coach Jenn. Her certificate was inscribed with the following:
"This certificate is awarded to Reagan Knopp in recognition of completing the semester in Giggle Worms! Reagan has done an amazing job at keeping up with the older kids in the class. She has such power in her donkey kicks, and it is great to see her practicing landing on her two feet. Her energetic personality is a great addition to the class, and she's always there to help us tell a story! Keep up the great work, Reagan!"

14 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

She is adorable! Congrats, Reagan!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute!

Loukia said...

That is amazing - good for her, you must be so very proud! She's so cute! Maybe she'll be in the Olympics one day? And I can say "I sort of know her and her mom!" ;)

Unknown said...

What a little superstar! I bet Ally would love gymnastics, I should look into something like thar for her. Maybe start in Community Ed or something.

Brittany Ann said...

She is seriously adorable! And that no fear thing is great for gymnastics! I was a competitive gymnast for 10+ years, and fear is the one thing that gets in most kids' way. She doesn't seem to have to worry about that!

Kameron said...

So cute! She is fearless huh?? I don't even like th balance beam!

Mama4Real said...

My boys are fearless like that. It is scary!
Where do you guys go to church? In Van?

Erin said...

Oh my gosh ... how cute! I wish we had a Little Gym here in Canton. It looks like she has a really great time!

Tiff said...

How adorable! I can totally see her "no fear" working well in gymnastics! Must be genetic. ;)

chloe's clan said...

So cute! I want hannah to do stuff like this but I am afraid she'll break something. Maybe if she were a little more meatier I wouldn't freak out about her so much! LOL But perhaps I just need to let go as well. Why is that so hard as a Mom?
-Chloe

Lady Mama said...

She is so sweet. I love those gymnastics classes for kids.

{Kimber} said...

how STINKING cute!!!!!!!
thanks for sharing!!
CONGRATS REAGAN

E @ Scottsville said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, those videos were great!

Sad how quickly they grow up, isn't it????

She's a doll!

Miller Racing Family said...

She is such a cute little girl. So neat that she has been doing gymnastics since she was 14 months, wow!