Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day and Birthday Wrap Ups

WOW! The first few weeks of May have been crazy busy with birthday celebrations and Mother's Day. You may recall the Taurus Party that we had the first weekend in May to celebrate my, Reagan's, Anna's and Denise's birthdays.

This past weekend Reagan, Anna & I had a girls morning out to again celebrate all of our birthdays, and we went for pedicures. This was Reagan's first pedicure, and something tells me that this was the first of MANY pedicures for her! She absolutely loved it and still hasn't stopped talking about it.
After being pampered, we went for a delicious sushi lunch. I was quite proud of Reagan with all of the new things that she tried! It really was a super fun day spent with my two favorite girls.

Reagan surprised me with a few homemade gifts on Mother's Day, and she also remembered the Mother & Daughter figurine I had said that I liked the last time we were in Hallmark. Ryan said that when they went to the mall, she made a beeline to the counter in the Hallmark store and said, "This one Daddy. This is what I want to give Mommy." I love it...
It was the homemade gifts that really touched my heart on Mother's Day... Reagan's preschool teachers helped her to make a beautiful book mark that has her picture laminated on the front and a beautiful poem on the back. The poem reads...
Mommy, I love you for all that you do.
I'll kiss you and hug you 'cause you love me too.
You feed me and need me to teach you to play, so smile
'cause I love you on this Mother's Day!

I will cherish it always! She also made a yummy hand dipped chocolate covered strawberry, and it was the biggest strawberry that I have ever seen in my life! As if that wasn't enough, she also made a keepsake of her precious little hand print.

Last night we celebrated Anna's birthday by going out for dinner at the Japanese Steakhouse. I think Reagan had the most fun of all of us as she was mesmerized by the chef as he cooked and performed for us. Anna may have been a little embarrassed, but she was grinning from ear to ear as the staff of the restaurant brought out a flaming pineapple while banging on the drums singing happy birthday to her throughout the restaurant. It really was a fun evening!

So now, all of our May celebrations have come to an end, and life will start to return to normal in our household. I guess that means that I need to get back to creating my monthly meal menu, or else we just might starve! Or we could just keep eating out all the time...

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute pictures. I can't wait to take my girls for pedicures

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

What a wonderful time you've been having! Yay! Reagan does appear to be having a BLAST~!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love the pedicure pictures! She looks so tiny in that chair.
I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable...I can't wait until my girls are old enough for pedicures. Happy Mother's Day (late)! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable...I can't wait until my girls are old enough for pedicures. Happy Mother's Day (late)! :)