Saturday, October 15, 2011

My First Pair of Rain Boots

Yep, you read correctly.  MY first pair of rain boots.  Not Reagan.  Not Myers. But me!

For the life of me, I can not remember ever owning a pair of true rain boots. Not even when I was a little kid.  I talked to my mom, and she doesn't recall me or my sister ever having a pair.  Of course, maybe this was due to the fact that I was raised in the South, not in the tropical rain forest that I currently live in! Reagan has been sporting rain boots for years now.  But not me.

I am perplexed as to how I have managed to live here for the past 9 years without owning either a raincoat or a pair of rain boots.  But that was the case up until this past week.  Yep, I didn't even have a legitimate rain coat... I would just throw on a hooded coat of whatever sort if it was raining and hope for the best.  In general, I have tried to avoid the rain as much as possible.

But I can't avoid it any longer...

I've mentioned before that I walk Reagan to school each day.  As we are now entering the "rainy season" for British Columbia, I have been getting soaked the last few days of our short trek over to her school.  I decided that it was time to suck it up and get a pair of boots.

I did my research, and I decided that if I was going to have to wear the boots, then those boots darn well better be spectacular.

And spectacular they are!  Say hello to my new prized possessions... my hot pink Hunter Wellies!

Like I mentioned, I also purchased my first rain coat last week.  I don't have a picture that I took of it myself, but this is it from the Leostar Athletica website...

Last weekend while we were in Vernon, Ryan snapped a picture of me in the horse riding ring with Reagan while I was rocking my new boots.

So, here's my theory.  If I have to endure the endless agony of the depressing rainy season that seems to last for months on end here, at least I can have a little fun and look stylish while doing so!

No comments: