Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch




A trip to the pumpkin patch would not be complete without a pumpkin! We hopped onto the flatbed pulled by the tractor and set off to the middle of the pumpkin patch. Reagan chose the smallest one in the whole patch we think (we got a bigger one as well) and she was very proud of her discovery. Ryan and I were very proud of Reagan for a reason that had nothing to do with pumpkins. We were standing smack dab in the middle of the pumpkin patch (aka the middle of nowhere close to a bathroom) when Reagan exclaimed that she needed to go potty. I quickly picked her up and carried her over to what I think was a giant corn stalk. Whatever it was, it provided a screen from us and the rest of the pumpkin hunters. If you are a avid follower of this blog, then you know that Reagan is recently potty trained. We've yet to have an accident in public (and we've had less than a handful at home I might add!) but I still carry a diaper and a pair of panties and pants in my diaper bag just in case. I whipped off her pants and panties in the middle of the pumpkin patch and was in the process of pulling a diaper up on her (which I thought was the easiest idea for the situation) when she proceeded to scream at the top of her lungs, "I DO NOT PEE PEE IN A DIAPER! I DO NOT PEE PEE IN MY PANTS!" Okay... Ryan and I just looked at each other and both said at the same time, "Well then, squat!" Reagan thought it was the funniest thing in the world to "pee pee on the pumpkins", and we all agree that the biggest pumpkin in the world next year will grown from Reagan's watering spot!

No comments: