Thursday, July 23, 2009

Does Ryan Even Know How To Relax?

It's a rare thing to see my husband relaxing. It's as if Ryan's body is physically incapable of sitting still. Even here, at the waterway, he still goes looking for some sort of work to do. Prime example... the other day at low tide he decided to scrape all of the barnacles off of the family pier.
He practically begged the neighbor that lives behind us to let him trim a few of the overgrown hedges that were growing in the neighbor's yard. And knowing him, he will probably cut the grass before we leave just so my dad doesn't have to do it. That's Ryan... always working!

At least here at the waterway, he does slow down a little. He loves to fish, and he will sit on the end of the pier with a fishing pole in his hand for hours on end. He really loves it when Pops takes him out deep sea fishing, especially when they have a great day of fishing like they did on Tuesday...
My Dad gave him a few lessons on how to properly clean the fish, and then he also "schooled" Ryan on how to clean the crabs that we caught just off the end of the pier.

We only have a couple of days left in our vacation, and Ryan and I both always hate it when the time comes to head back home to the real world. Reagan now feels the same way too. But with the time that we have left, we plan to do a little more playing, have a lot more fun, and we'll even work on perfecting Ryan's relaxing skills a bit more. Seriously, how can you not relax here?

13 comments:

{Kimber} said...

beautiful sunset pictures!!
least you know you have a hard working man---feel blessed :)

Kameron said...

I'd be relaxing in that setting! Some people don't know what to do with themselves if they aren't occupied. When my sister and BIL came to visit, he helped my hubby clean and organize the shed and build a fence. :o) Same mentality!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Great pics! I wouldn't want to head home, either!

Kathy B! said...

Ryan should come "relax" at our house for awhile ; )

AiringMyLaundry said...

Can I borrow Ryan? There are tons of things that need done over here but my husband hasn't gotten around to them.

Miller Racing Family said...

That must be a man thing as Donnie is the same way. We can't stay at the lake longer than a couple days without him either working down there or wanting to come home to do something.
I love the pictures at the end, such a peaceful view!
Have a great day!

Mama4Real said...

Glad you've had a nice trip! IT looks beautiful there!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Are you serious? He scraped off barnacles? We'd get along so well. I'd do the same. Then take a nap.

forever folding laundry said...

I agree with Kathy B. - send him here next! :)

Looks like you all are having a ball. I love that Reagan is holding her stuffed animal on the tube! Enjoy your next couple of days!

~Keri

J.J. said...

that is too funny about the bot being able to relax :) Looks like such a fun time!

Stephanie said...

Such amazing photos!
On a different note I named you in a little meme over at my blog..hope you don't mind:)

Loukia said...

Beautiful pictures! Sounds like you are having such a great time! Yay! Safe travels home...

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

Wow that looks gorgeous!

Greg can do pretty well with relaxing on vacations but at home its a whole 'nother story!

He just can't seem to relax until the floor is swept or the table is windexed or whatever it is. Every night he cleaning something or another before he can just sit down and relax.

I feel somewhat blessed to have married a clean freak but it makes me feel guilty too when he is up cleaning because of his OCD and I am just laying on the couch reading blogs! haha :)