Thursday, March 8, 2012

The 2012 Spring Wedding Show at Newlands

You may remember that I have expanded my bridal business to include special event planning along with the day-of wedding coordination that I have always offered.  Tonight, I was wearing my Event Planning hat, as the 2012 Spring Wedding Show at Newlands was THE place to be!

This was by far one of the most successful wedding shows to date at Newlands with over 40 vendors present, close to 500 guests in attendance, and over $20,000 in door prizes given away to many lucky brides-to-be!

Of course, the highlight of the evening for me was having my family there to help and to celebrate with me.  Reagan and Myers both hit the main stage early on in the evening before the guests started to arrive for a little dancing fun.

Once the show was in full force, Ryan took Myers home and put him to bed. This was the first time that Myers did not nurse before going to bed, and thankfully it didn't phase him one bit.  This could very well mean that I nursed Myers for the very last time ever when I put him down for his afternoon nap today!

Reagan stayed until the very end, as she is always my special helper at an event.  Tonight, she was helping to greet all of the brides and their guests at the main entrance, and then she later helped me to emcee the dance demonstration and fashion show.  She is always the super star!

During the fashion show, as she was admiring all of the wedding gowns, she looked up at me and said, "Mommy, all of these dresses are so beautiful.  I'm going to need help one day when I get married.  Will you please help me make all of my choices?"  Oh my goodness, I was a hot mess of tears right then and there!

We wrapped up the evening and made it home a little before 10PM.  Reagan is now tucked into bed, and I'm already planning for the next two events!

The 2012 Fall Wedding Show at Newlands will be held on Thursday, October 11th and the 2013 Spring Wedding Show at Newlands will be held on Thursday, March 14th.

I hope to see YOU there!

No comments: