Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Grand Canyon




We left from Phoenix in Pops & Momsey's motor home and took off to the Grand Canyon. This was the first time that Ryan & Reagan had ever been, so it was really something to see their expressions as they took it in for the first time. My first trip to the Canyon was when I was two, so it made it extra special for me to take Reagan there at the age of two as well. The view is just as spectacular now as it was 30 years ago. Reagan was so cute that first night we were there... we walked from the motor home to the rim so that she and Ryan could get that first glimpse. During the walk (which was round-trip about 2 miles and she walked/ran EVERY BIT OF IT!) to the rim, she kept saying, "I'm coming Grand Canyon. Hold on, I'm coming." And then when we got there she was speechless. She just sat down on a rock and stared. She turned to me at one point and said, "Wow, mom." But for the most part she was awestruck. Ryan said he had never imagined that it would be that magnificent. I thought it was the perfect Father's Day gift for him! We didn't stay long that first night because we knew that we would be seeing it up close and personal the next day... we were going hiking!

No comments: